Orlando

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Week 49 - Ocoee

HEY HEY HEY. Sorry for the long email.

This week has been long. . . but I have a good story or two!! 

Sooooooo lets kick things off by talking about a beautiful cultural tradition that black people do. . Here's what they do. . . Soooooo. . . In the lil. Neighborhoods here in Pine Hills they have these things called flips. A flip is frozen kool-aid with little fruit pieces mingled In a lil plastic cup. Sooooooo. . . What you do is you ask the lil kids in the neighborhood where the flip lady lives. Then you go to the flip lady's house. . . Give her 50 cents and she gives you a flip. Then you flip the frozen juice over and and you eat it like a big Popsicle. There's pictures below. . . Let's just say! It was DELICIOUS ! Sure it was one of the more shadier things I've ever done. . . But it was sooooooo good! 

I ran into a mythical beast! That was dope! We clicked soooo instantly. And now we're like best friends. She had a Rhett and link bobble head and was making them a lava lamp. It made my day! 

My companion almost got arrested this week!! Hahahahaha it was hilarious. I mean it's no shocker we're in "crime hills" its bound to happen sometime. Soooo. . We get a knock on the door later at night and we just think it's the Spanish elders dropping off the car for the night. so my companion opens the door and is greeted by four cops that ask. "Are you Alex?" ( my comps. name happens to be Alex) he says, "yes." "Step outside please..." The officer then peeks in and sees me sitting behind a desk, he asks "Is that your girlfriend?" I stand up and look at him. And say ". . . No!" They then start to question my companion about, where his sister is, And where is he's from. By this time my companion is freaking out and just flustered as can be. My companion says that his sister is in Colorado and he didn't know what she did. The cops then started to question how solid there information was. . They double checked there info and said. . "Oh sorry dude we've got the wrong house, you can go back inside." It was soooooooo funny. I was dying in my chair laughing and my companion was soooooooo peeved. It was funny.  Soooo. . . I almost got transferred cuz my companion almost got booked up. Hahaha

Alright. . . Something uplifting . . . Let's see here. 

I used a garbage bailer for the first Time in my life. That was fun. . . Crushing cardboard and stuff. 

Ummmm. . . This week. On Memorial Day, We had an awesome BBQ with a member and her friends. We really bonded well and they enjoyed speaking to us. We shared the restoration and we had such a spirit filled lesson with the parents. The members were stellar and shared powerful testimony and helped us teach. The wife committed to read the Book of Mormon and was quite interested in the church. It was such a neat atmosphere to be so involved in the gospel during a simple BBQ. I had to take a step back and have a small reality check and say WOW. I'm on a mission I'm teaching these people about the gospel that I love. About a book that has been tested and rejected, but a book that I cherish and hold dear to my heart. I'm sharing a message that I want the world to hear although they may reject it. I truly love this church, it's built me into the stocky, tall guy that I am today. Haha. I love my savior and the opportunity I have to wear his name on my chest. 

I love you guys. Your emails have helped me more than you will ever know. They've picked me up when I'm at my lowest of lows. Thank you for the support! 


—Elder Coley
Alma 29:8

πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²Lizard counter: 589πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²
🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 Frog counter: 10🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸
πŸŒ²πŸ‘πŸŒΎπŸ”πŸŒ‹CATAN standings 7-8⬅️ I'm still not happy about this 
🚲🚲🚲 833+ miles 🚲🚲🚲



 Some members had sugar babies, I want one.




No comments:

Post a Comment