Orlando

Thursday, September 10, 2015

Week 10 - Belleview

Corvette belt buckles and sketchy sandy roads

Yes, it has been quite a week. But a fun week. 
It all started off with contacting some referrals in Marion oaks. Which is a really weird place. It's a huge suburb but they ran out of money when they built the place so there are houses in really weird places and roads that just go to nothing and none of the roads make sense. It's a weird place. And it's a long way from our house so it kills our miles so we hardly ever go up there. Anyways we were going up to a house and instantly the pavement changed to sand. Which is sketchy because if your car stops in sand. It stops. And you haft to get out and push. So we were going down this "street" more like a quad trail. It was so uneven and there was branches and trees everywhere. I have a picture below. We went along this street for like 20 min. And then we started to see tires on either side of us. Haha, it was scary we started coming up with stories about how people get jumped on this street and they steal their cars and only leave their tires. It was super shady. But that's Florida for ya. 

Oh it was sweet there's this huge flea market right by our house so we went there and did some "contacting" we really just shopped. Although we did run into a less active member and he wants to feed us. so I guess there was a reason to go to the flea market. Anyways we saw a booth that sold belt buckles. And my companion has this sweet belt buckle of a Indian head. I was looking around, and I instantly fell in love in this Corvette. Of course there's a picture of it below. So... I'm pretty stoked about it. 

Cookies.... So... If you are a part of my immediate family you know that I was the king of making cookies. No madder what Emily or Spencer Vickers say. I make the best cookies. Soooo I felt really bad when I totally burnt them... Pic below. Well I didn't completely burn them but this was totally unacceptable to my standards. Soooo... Lesson learned.... My oven get hot quick. I'll keep you posted on the cookie battles. 

Oh some people have been asking about my companion. And yea I really haven't said a whole lot about him. So.... His name is Elder Cortez. And he's like the BEST trainer ever. He's really laid back and he believes in being a friend first then a missionary. One of the lessons that I've learned is you haft to have a person trust you before you can even bring up the gospel. He's a great trainer and he's very supportive in what I share in lessons. He's also a total people person and he teases everyone in the ward. He's a great trainer And I love him. 

Christ works in a strange ways. This has happened soooooo many times on my mission. We went to a gators house and they weren't home so we went to a less actives house or a recent converts house in the area. And that's exactly where we needed to be. Like just this last week. A gator canceled and we went to a less actives house and she was really struggling. She really needed us at that time. We shared the Mormon message "the will of God". Which is probably one of my favorite videos to share. Please go check it out. It will uplift your day and help you. One way that I feel uplifted is when I receive emails from you :) hahaha. I love hearing from you guys thank you for all the mail and emails that I've received from all of you. I'm so grateful for such amazing friends and family. Thank you for your prayers. I love you all very much. 

Love,
—Elder Coley
2 Nephi 31: 20

3 Nephi 32: 18
D&C 112: 13
Alma 13: 27
D&C 109: 22
Jacob 2: 7

That awesome Mormon message. It's like my favorite:


πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²Lizard counter: 91πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²




No comments:

Post a Comment