Orlando

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Week 6 - Belleview

Exciting week I guess. I went to the dentist. Went on exchanges πŸ˜. And got a haircut.

Wow. My life sounds incredibly boring. But believe me it was awesome in the eyes of Elder Coley. 
The dentist was nice or as nice as it could be. I mean..... Dentist. But then I had to go on exchanges and..... I found out I don't like those. You go to a completely new area with a complete different companion. Yea. I don't enjoy that. I like knowing where exactly I am and knowing the person that I'm with. But it was only for two days. And since we were both greenies I had to drive since I had a better driving record. That wasn't to fun either. But whatever I'm back in my own area. And exchanges really made me grateful for the wonderful area and people that I have. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve in Belleview.  

We now have 4 on date for baptism here. I love it and the investigators are so close to becoming members. I enjoy teaching. Mormon messages are soooo useful. We share one almost every lesson. We love the one called Reaching Out Though Love. We share it at every dinner we go to. Go watch it down below. I enjoy testifying of Christ and helping others improve. It's the best feeling in the world when you leave a house and you know that the spirit changed their day. I love this church and the comfort that it gives to people. 

But if there's one thing that makes me uncomfortable it's stinking banana spiders. Oh my goodness. There huge. There as big as my hand and every house in Florida has one on there front porch just chillin. I also saw a little black garden snake. Still scared the crap out of me. But yea snakes are a thing. Yea I got nowhere near that house. I got my hair cut this week which is crazy. I have pictures below and I want your honest opinion if you like it or not. I got it cut by a member and she asked me what are we gonna do to your hair and I told her I've had the same hair cut for the last 5 years what do you think I could pull off? She said if I comb my hair over to the side it could look nice so I told her to go for it. Halfway though it I saw her trimming my hair really short and I was wondering... Is... Is she giving me a skin fade?  Well if she is its too late now. So she did it and I have mixed feelings about it so if you comment back on it I'd appreciate it. πŸ˜†πŸ˜ƒ 

Well to end on a spiritual note. I went tracking for the first time this week and the first door we knocked was a Jehovah's witnesses.... Sooo that's funny. We were expecting her to wail on us but she was polite and let us go without a scolding. Then the next few houses we knocked on the people weren't home. Then we talked to this lady and her five children about who we are and that we go around sharing messages of Christ. We then show them the Mormon message "because of him"  then we share the Book of Mormon and we challenge them to read 3 nephi 11 and the promise in Moroni 10. We shared this message with two women. They said they were both gonna read and we would get back to them this week. It's amazing how the spirit resides in righteous movies and music. Mormon messages are a huge help. I love them. You know who else I love. I love you guys for reading these long boring things thank you. It means so much to me when people email me and send me awesome letters. I feel so blessed to have such great family and friends. Thank you. πŸ˜„

Love,
-- Elder Tyler Coley 

Matthew 11:28-30
Matthew 13:9
D&C 10: 33 
3 nephi 17:20
Moroni 10:32

Reaching out in love: 

Because of Him:
Jesus is the Son of God and our Savior. Because of Him, death is conquered, our lives have meaning, and we can live with God again. http://www.mormon.org/becauseofhim 

πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²Lizard counter: 43πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²


2 comments:

  1. I think your hair looks great Tyler! handsome missionary hope your doing great and loving the mission!! Tiffany Grover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are posting these. I'm glad to know the work is progressing. The West family will watch the Mormon message you have recommended.

    ReplyDelete