Orlando

Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 5 - Belleview

Yeah so this week has been weird. It has flown by. We had a fun Pioneer Day event this past week which was fun. It was all about pioneers, family history and temple work. I was in charge of leading a group from station to station. Overall it was a good experience and I feel like our investigators enjoyed it. 

We got another baptismal date, which puts us up to 3 with one still pending because he only speaks Spanish. So that makes me very happy. I'm so grateful that I could stay so busy while I've been out here. 

The highlight of the week by far was meeting with this one investigator. It was our second time back. And she's really interested in the gospel. We went inside her house and she was completely stressed out because her husband had some medical issues. It had been a long day for her and really the rest of our LARC's and investigators too. It was cool because we completely ditched our plan to share the restoration lesson and we talked about prayer and how to cope with stress. We shared the Mormon message "Mountains to Climb" which I have included down below. I love this Mormon message and the spirit that it brings. If you have time to watch it I'd highly recommend it. After we shared that video she started to cry it was the first time she had felt peace in her house in a while and she was great full for that. We then talked about the priesthood and gave both her and her husband a blessing it was a remarkable experience. It's amazing how you go into a lesson expecting to share a certain message but the spirit directs you in a completely different direction. I felt the spirit so strongly as it taught us and her about the gospel. I absolutely love this church and the peace that it gives to me and to others. The atonement can truly change lives. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to spread the gospel to all the world. 

I love you all very much. Your emails and letters mean the world to me. I feels like whenever I'm down the most at the end of the day, I always get an email from a beloved friend or family member. So I would love to thank everyone for the difference they've made in my life this last month. Thank you. 😃😆 

Love, Elder Tyler Coley

Matthew 3: 16 
Matthew 5: 14-16
3 Nephi 17: 20
3 Nephi 17:18
D&C 8: 2

Mountains to Climb (5:05)

Mountains to Climb (5:05) Finding faith in the Lord Jesus Christ will help us have the power to endure and overcome even the hardest trials in life.

🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉 Lizard counter: 26 🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉🐲🐉
(Yes there are sooooooooo many lizards here in Florida and yes I'm determined to count them all!)

🐊🐊🐊 Alligator count: 0 😕 (unless you count the baby alligators I saw in an aquarium at a gas station! 😆

Send me a letter at: 

Or shoot me an email at:


No comments:

Post a Comment