Orlando

Thursday, April 21, 2016

Week 42 - Conway

Hello my wooooonderful support group of home!

This week has been purty slow. Not gonna lie. But it's been a good week and that's what matters. Sooooooo. . . What happened. Well  we dropped like everyone from our teaching pool. But we've seen some neat mimicked from it. Sooooo. . . We're finding. . . Like every day. Like all day, every day! It's so. much. fun! 

One day we were bikin around and we saw this guy in his 20s walking around we asked him how he was doing and he said that he was sad. We. . Ummm. . We were a little alarmed by his response. We really weren't expecting an answer like that. Usually it I'm good or well. But this guy was truely sad. So. . . We asked him, "Well could we tell ya a joke" we went up to him and said. "What did the fish say when he ran into the wall.. . . .?" . . . "DAM" hahahahahhahahaha. I almost died laughing and so did he so I then asked. "What did the dam say back?" . . . "Dumb bass" hahahahaha. It was awesome and we totally made this guys day. He then proceeded to say that he broke up with his girlfriend just hours before and that he was quite sad and the joke really helped. We then somehow tied together a fish joke to the gospel and taught him he restoration. Giving him a Book of Mormon and getting his contact info. It was awesome. If someone gets baptized because of that joke I'll be sooooooo incredibly happy!

So. . . Pete the onion died! It was tragic. We talked to the less active that we got Pete from and he handed us a new onion. . . He told us his name is Re-Pete. I was laughing soooo hard. 

This past week we went to Jeremiah's with the other elders in the ward it was sick! 

Alright here's your spiritual moment from Orlando alright : 
Yesterday we went into a gators house. They've been really flakey on us and we've been teaching them off and on for 6 months. They have had a date before but they have NEVER been to church. It's hard to get baptized in a church you've never been to before. So my companion prayed and said that we are gonna stress the importance of church attendance and commit them to coming to church. And if they don't come then we're dropping them. Long story short we had an awesome lesson were we talked all about baptism and we really stressed the importance of the sacrament. We then read from 2 Nephi 31. The spirit was so strong while we testified. Needless to say they want to come to church on Sunday. 

I love giving priesthood blessings. They are the best part of the mission in my opinion.

I love you guys so much I hope you all have a wonderful week. I'm so grateful as always for all the many emails and letters. Thanks for rooting me on! 


—Elder Coley
Alma 29:8

πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²Lizard counter: 508πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²πŸ‰πŸ²
🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸 Frog counter: 7🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸
πŸŒ²πŸ‘πŸŒΎπŸ”πŸŒ‹CATAN standings 6-7 ⬅️ I'm still not happy about this 
🚲🚲🚲 719miles 🚲🚲🚲

 My companion and I trying to cook steak for the first time. . . It kinda came out. Well done.


 Jeremiah's 

New onion "Re-Pete"

No comments:

Post a Comment